Friday 30 September 2011

A rather puzzling birthday...


Earlier this week I celebrated my birthday and it turned into a rather puzzling affair. 

I’d ordered one of Kagen Shaefer’s Diamond Boxes a little while back and agreed with Gill that it should be my birthday present ... and then a little while later Robert Yarger offered me one of his Little Game Hunter boxes, and I couldn’t refuse a kind offer like that ... and then Brian and Sue got back from their IPP trip so a few interesting things went up on Mr Puzzle that I found hard to resist ... 

Unbeknownst to me, the Diamond Box had arrived a couple of days before my birthday and Gill had managed to hide it from me until my birthday – making for a lovely surprise. She’d also got me a bound version of my blog through a company in the states called Blog2Print – what a fantastic idea and a lovely thing to hang onto if the inter-web ever implodes or something! [She really did a great job on it!] 

 
In among the pile of pressies in the morning were a couple of new Hanayama’s courtesy of Amazon from the out-laws in Scotland, and then the next day the order from Mr Puzzle arrived in the morning and Hattie the Hephalump arrived in the afternoon...

All in all, an exceedingly puzzling birthday... :-)

... and I'm sure I'll have plenty more to say and write about most of these little goodies in the near future...

3 comments:

  1. Love the bound version of the blog. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Gill's great at finding really thoughtful things like that... I love it! (I got her one of her blog for her birthday as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Allard! What a tremendous birthday haul! Keep us informed of your progress on these amazing puzzles. I think I need to work harder to earn enough for some of those - absolutely beautiful!

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete